Monday, February 25, 2013

RSV

David got RSV and has been sick for the past ten days. I took him to the doctor on day three and he tested positive for RSV. They sent me home with a nebulizer and albueterol. Poor baby. He was mostly better today, but he still has a bit of a stuffy nose. Jonathan got sick on David's day five. The sickness affected them differently. David's temperature never reached more than 99.9, but Jonathan's got up to 101.7 and he threw up. It seems so traumatizing for children to throw-up. Jonathan does not understand what is going on and just starts screaming and crying and throwing-up all at the same time. If he can, and I am not with him already, he will try to find me and make a path of barf all down the hall. It gets everywhere! Fortunately, he had been refusing to eat, so it wasn't as gross or as messy as usual. I don't know what happened this year, but it seems like the viruses have exerted more effort than usual in becoming especially nasty and contagious.






1 comment:

  1. Poor babies... poor Jazzy! I'm so glad you guys are doing better now!

    ReplyDelete