Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ouch!

David was leaning on the bathtub while Jonathan bathed and Edmund blew bubbles when David took a daring lean to pop an out of reach bubble. His support hand slipped, and he hit chin first on the edge of the tub. I was blow drying my hair in the other bathroom when Edmund came in carrying a semi-shocked baby with a very bloody chin. I panicked. Edmund said he needed stitches. I told Edmund to do a million things at once most of which contradicted each other. In the end, we washed it off with a wash cloth to look at the damage. It was very open and not closing or wanting to close. David was calm the whole time. I threw my hair into a pony tail (I was the only that had showered so far), and rushed David to Urgent Care. He ended up with three stitches in his chin. He never cried. He whimpered a little bit when they started putting in the stitches, but he never cried or struggled. They checked him for a concussion, but he was all clear. I guess it was just shock. As soon as we got home he was back to normal. Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment