Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Face First Leap

He is very focused on grabbing the string on the camera.



You can see the purple spot the best in this picture.



I know that I should never put Jonny on the bed and leave the room, but I thought he would be okay for 30 seconds while I went to the bathroom. He was in the middle of the queen size bed surrounded by pillows and folded laundry, and he had a toy that he likes. He was even sitting up, and he is still a little bit scared of going from sitting to laying down, so I thought he would be okay. It wasn't ten seconds before I heard a huge thud and then a screaming cry. I ran back into the room (about three feet) and found him clutching his favorite blanket that had been folded up a little ways in front of him and screaming. I picked him up and loved him, but he still wasn't happy. It was close to eating time, so I carried him into his room and sat him on my lap. While I was getting ready to feed him I noticed he had a bloody lip! I just felt like melting into my chair. I was sure I was the worst mom in the world. I wiped away the blood and drool and started feeding him. I wanted to see if the blood was from his mouth or from his teeth, but he wouldn't let me. He was very eager to nurse and calmed down immediately. Ater he was done, he looked at me and gave me a nice toothy grin. His teeth were fine, and he had a small red bump on his lip. He giggled for me and babbled a bit. I knew that I was forgiven and he was going to be fine. But, I have defintely learned my lesson. "No more monkeys playing on the bed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment