Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stroke

Delivery was awesome, and I was feeling like a million bucks when three days after Caleb was born I had a stroke. The world started spinning, and I thought it would just pass, but it didn't. I had Caleb in a diaper on the floor, and I was taking pictures. I laid down and shut my eyes and everything started spinning even faster. I realized I needed help. (I was home alone while everyone went to church.) I crawled to the kitchen. Everything felt like it was upside down or sideways. I knocked my phone off the counter and in a blur of spinning called Edmund. (That was the first miracle: being able to see well enough to call Edmund.) I said I needed help. My mom came home and tried to get me to bed, but I just started throwing up all over the floor and couldn't move. I don't really remember too much after that. I know Edmund came home and some how got me into bed. My mom took care of Caleb, and I nursed him lying on my side. I started throwing up again after a while and Dad and Edmund carried me to the car. I couldn't really walk because everything was sideways. They have me an MRI in the hospital and said I was having a stroke. I spent 3 days in the ICU. They were worried my brain was going to start swelling, but it didn't! A month later and I am almost normal! (I still get tired easily and I can't walk too far without feeling like I'm going to fall asleep.) My mom was a total Angel. She was Caleb's mom and then his nurse when I came home. I was able to pump milk in the hospital, so I kept up my milk. That poor baby! He is probably the most sweetest, good nurtured, cutest little guy in the whole world! These are the pictures I took just before my stroke. Poor baby was left laying on the floor in his diaper until my mom came home from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment