Saturday, August 23, 2014

Caleb Edmund






 Caleb was born on July 17! He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. He was born at 7:45 a.m. I started labor insanely tired, so getting him into the world was very exhausting, but he came easily (7.5 hours of labor.) The nurses at the hospital were absolutely amazing. They held my hand and pushed on my hips (amazingly took away a lot of the pain.) After breaking my water and the contractions slowing down, they rolled my onto my side and told me I could push whenever I wanted, so when I was ready I just pushed and little Caleb started crowning. Everyone panicked and some random doctor came in and delivered Caleb onto the foot of the bed while my doctor was getting on scrubs. My doctor delivered the placenta and helped Edmund cut the chord.  I had no tears, and it was shaping up to be the most miraculous recovery ever. My darling niece Clarissa came the week before and she stayed with the boys while Edmund took me to the hospital in the middle of the night. It was awesome to not have to call on neighbors. The boys loved her and she was amazing at getting up early and playing with them. What a life saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment