Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Stanley Park Splash Pad

 After the Aquarium we went to the splash pad. Caleb fell asleep on the walk to the car, so I said, "I'll just walk. I'll probably beat you there." Edmund pointed the way, north, towards the splash pad, and I got walking. I turned south. I came down to the sea wall, and there was no park. I walked this way and that and asked a few people who were from Germany and England where I was. They had no idea, of course. I started texting Edmund who figured out I had turned the wrong way. Eventually, I came to a big map that had the park on it. (The maps the tourists had did not have the splash pad.) I walked back up to the Aquarium, which is in the middle of the park, and made my way north. It is nice to be an adult and know that even when I am lost, I will make it where I need to go eventually. The park is about 5 miles around, so I'm glad I at least was able to make it back without walking 5 miles. 










No comments:

Post a Comment