Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Canada!

A VERY hot shade-less park in Missoula, MT on our way up to Canada
 I look forward to our trip to Canada every year. It is always so gorgeous, and fun! We all love Edmund's family. Edmund's little sister came up with her family from California and Edmund's big sister was there too! It had been a long time since we had all been together.
 Edmund and his brother Jonathan. We call him Uncle Jon to avoid confusion.



 We got lucky and went to the beach on the only day it didn't rain. It was beautiful, and there was a sailing class going on which was fun to see.



 Adam and Edmund found these ridiculously tiny crabs.

 Adam found a starfish floating around.








 The train at Stanley Park

 I wandered off into the woods a little ways to see if I could wave to the train. I found these very cool flowers, but I kept getting bitten by this nasty biting fly that wouldn't leave me alone. I ended up running back the train pretty quick.
 Angela works at the aquarium and got us all in for free! She is so fun. The boys adore her.

 Grandma got to meet us there. Lucky us!

 The special thing that was there this time was this pool of rays. Everyone, even Caleb reached their hand in and touched them as they swam past. I thought about it, and almost did it, but man anything that is swimming around in the water gives me the creeps.



 The maritime museum. Another fabulous museum in Vancouver that Angela recommended. Very kid friendly! Adult friendly too! They had a display of my dad's knives. (Just Kidding. But we grew up with a knife that looked just like that that he made. I thought he invented it!)
 Steer the boat through the iceburgs.
 The old diving helmet. I can't imagine jumping into the water with that thing on!


 Arrrrrrgh!
 This was on board the ship there. It is a very famous ship that I can't remember the name of. The ship retired there in Vancouver after some secret mission during WW2. They built the museum around it and restored the ship to its original condition. It was so cool! I can't imagine living on a boat. It was so small. The hallways only fit one person, and the beds were the size of a small camping cot. Also, the ship went through the Northwest Passage, and I just kept thinking about how cold and miserable that would have been.


 There were some really amazing boat models there. So much intricate detail!

 Tanya and George came over to celebrate everyone's birthday!

 Watching a movie together.

 Edmund 97 year old granny. Not the same as she used to be, but still smiling and an example of endurance and love.

 Cool fish bushes.
 On the way home, we drove past this accident just after it happened. The police hadn't even arrived yet. People were stopping and running over to the car to see if they could help.

 We stayed the night in Couer D'Alene, Idaho. Beautiful. We really ought to take a little family trip up here someday.


 We got a Pizza at Pizza Hut in Missoula on the way home and found this amazing park with a carousel! It was cold and rainy, and I was pretty sure Summer had ended while we were in Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment