Monday, March 2, 2015

Grand Junction River Trail

 I was feeling homesick, and I really wanted everyone to see Caleb again before he got big and wasn't a squishy, sweet, adorable little baby anymore. I feel like six months is just a perfectly magical age, and Caleb is so good natured and happy,  I wanted to show him off! The other boys are wonderful too, but they don't change as much in a few months anymore. Although, Jonathan has grown up a lot the past few months. He is throwing fewer and fewer tantrums, learning to be kind to others and control his temper, and he can read a few words if he actually sits down and thinks about it. He is so active and playful, affectionate and smart! He loves writing letters to everyone and drawing pictures of Grimlock. He is starting to actually draw pictures that I can kind of tell what things are. He is beginning to reason with me. He also is the king of math riddles. Tonight, we were talking about the resurrection and he asked what day I was going to die. I said, "On a Thursday." He said, "When?" I said, "When I am very old:85." He said, "I'm going to die when I'm 86. How many years until I'm 86?" I said, "82 years." He said, "How many days is that?" He and David fight over saying prayers and can both do it without help. He is becoming braver and more independent. I'm very proud of him.

I don't want to leave David out. David is still this sweet little boy. He has become a little more difficult recently. He is very mischievous. He makes sure I'm not looking and then he will dump all the gold fish out or he waits until I've left the room and he sneaks off and finds my tablet and starts playing games, or when my back is turned, he shakes Caleb in his car seat or hits him on the head with a toy. I've just started taking Caleb with me around the house. I can leave him on the floor a little more this past week. David has just decided to ignore him. He loves Jonathan and gets sad every Tuesday and Thursday when I take him to preschool. They love wrestling and jumping and racing cars and sneaking off somewhere to make messes. (Like taking out all the diapers and spreading them all over the room.) Edmund took the boys to the car wash on Saturday and when they got home David said, "Mom! It was too loud and too scary!" He had a big smile on his face, so I said, "Were you brave?" He said, "Yes, I was very brave, I didn't cry!"




No comments:

Post a Comment