Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5K

 I've been really excited about running lately. I feel so strong and so healthy! It is a remarkable thing. I can't believe I had a stroke 9 months ago and heart surgery 7 months ago, and here I am running a 5K! It really is a miracle. Sometimes I think it is really unfair how blessed I am. I'm not complaining, but there have been so many blessings and miracles in my life. Sometimes I just want to jump around and whoop for joy. I'm so glad that I have faith in Jesus Christ, and I know that he is my Savior. I usually don't like to say anything about religion, but I just feel like it is impossible not to right now when the hand of God feels so strong in my life.

I ran it in 29:20. Pretty slow really, but I actually came in second place for women!Jonathan and Edmund and David (who was refusing to leave the play ground) and Caleb were waiting for me close to the finish. Jonathan ran the last little bit with me!


1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Jazzy! You're an inspiration. Less than a year later, you're accomplishing THIS! Congrats on getting 2nd, too. :)

    ReplyDelete