Thursday, October 25, 2012

David


 David. I wish I could put a little heart around his name. He is an amazingly happy, smiley, strong, cuddly, active, and wakeful little guy. He discovered his feet a couple of weeks ago. I love it when he doesn't have any socks on and he really reaches out for his cute little toes. My favorite thing he does is chortle. I can't call it a laugh or a giggle because it is deep in his throat. He always chortles when I'm taking his clothes off, and I can usually make him do it if I gently tickle his ribs.

He is a complete puzzle to me. He is very easily distracted which is a good thing when he is hungry or tired, and I just can't feed him or put him to sleep that very second, but it is a bad thing when I need to nurse him and Jonathan is making all kinds of noise. David seems to be on a 24 hour schedule. Instead of being awake during the day and taking two or three naps and sleeping at night (or returning to sleep after I feed him), he is awake during the day and at night. He seems to think that he needs to be awake for two or three hours in the middle of the night. He isn't really fussy or anything, he is just content and very much awake. I suppose that would be wonderful if I could function on four hours of sleep, but it really makes my days long.

No comments:

Post a Comment