Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jonathan




 Jonathan is such a stunning two year old. He is pretty serious and very focused. He loves reading books. His favorite book at the moment is Where the Wild Things Are. If I pause while reading it, he can usually finish the sentence. He also says some very hilarious things and has quite a sense of humor. Today, for instance, he informed me that Daddy has moles on his back, and at dinner he told Edmund that I had a big tail. He loves looking at himself in the mirror and shouting "No!" I try and tell him that he looks even cuter when he says "yes," but he doesn't care. He prefers "NO!" with an angry face. He also goes down the stairs like a snake: on his back, slithering, feet first.

The other day while he was in the bath he said, "Camera." I said, "You want me to take a picture of you in the bath?" and Jonathan replied, "eeeyyyyyess." He really holds onto the "y" sound. It is terribly cute. He also loves Edmund's long board and is so proud of himself when he stands on it. He often requests that we make stairs out of the blocks, and then he proudly marches up and down them.

My main struggle with Jonathan is meal times. I seriously don't know how he is not starving all the time. We make him stay at the table until dinner is over, and usually after the crying dies down he'll eat a little bit. I try and keep healthy things available, so if he does get hungry he can have an apple or a cucumber. He is doing well adjusting to David; however, he does not like it when I feed him. If he notices that I am starting to nurse David, he comes over to where David's head is and screams "NO!" really loud (just like he practiced in the mirror.) This ensures that David does not eat, and I am then available to play. I have started to sneak off to different parts of the house to feed David, so I can get a head start before he finds me. I also have him watch Baby Einstein in the morning while I put David down for a nap, and he is allowed to play with my phone in the afternoon. I feel guilty using it for that, but I just don't see how I can manage any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment