Sunday, March 30, 2014

Oh, Jonathan!


Jonathan planted some seeds a few weeks ago, and after they didn't bloom in a week or so, I looked at the package and it said they wouldn't sprout for 30-60 days and they wouldn't bloom for a year! That was crazy, so I took Jonathan back to Home Depot and he picked some daisy's that would sprout in a week, and here they are!! He was thrilled.

I also wanted to document some things Jonathan has been saying lately.

When we found out the baby was a boy, I asked Jonathan what we should name it. He thought for a minute and said very seriously, "Humpty Dumpty."

Last week my neighbor took both boys for preschool time, and I had an hour to myself in the house. It was glorious. I scrubbed the bathrooms and even vacuumed the couches. When Jonathan walked in the house he said, "Smells like women." I thought, "Oh dear, he thinks women smell like cleaners." Then I realized that he was saying it smelled like "Lemon."

I'm hoping it is just a boy thing because Jonathan loves destruction and demolition. We've been reading the Book of Mormon again with him and he loves the "Tree of Life" especially when the people fall in the muddy water. He also loves when Nephi shocks his brothers. (I skip the part about Laban getting his head cut off.) Today at church he said, "Don't touch me. I am filled with the power of God. If God commanded me, I would shock you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment