Thursday, March 27, 2014

Rainy Day Fun?

After several days of windy but beautiful weather, we woke up this morning to snow. It melted by the time the sun came up, but it was cold. I didn't want to take the boys outside, and we didn't have any errands to run, but I wanted to make the day fun, so I planned some rainy day activities. First, we made felt faces. I cut out different mouths and eyes and eyebrows, and the boys were supposed to change the faces anyway they wanted. David didn't even give it a chance, and Jonathan looked at it and then went off to play cars. Oh well, I thought, maybe later.

After naps I tried a different activity. I squirted two different colors of finger paint into gallon bags and taped them up on the window. You can draw pictures with your fingers and mix the paint together. It seemed like fun and David actually liked it. Jonathan threw a tantrum because he wanted to get the paint out and paint a picture. So, he screamed in the living room while David and I played with the paint. For snack, I cut up an apple and Jonathan got  a butter knife and cut his apples into pieces. That was fine until his apples became diced into minuscule pieces and he started brandishing the knife like a sword. The knife had to go. He got down from his chair and jumped up and down screaming, so he had to go to his room. It was so sad.

Things got better when we made Lazy Daisy cake with peaches and the boys drank up the juice with straws. They also enjoyed practicing their new talents: blowing up balloons, and playing the harmonica. Although my projects were total failures, we ended the day on a good note. David always wants Jonathan to sit on his chair with him while Edmund or I sit on the floor and sing songs. I'm glad. It will make sharing a room easier.

 David had many different outfits today because anytime he got washed up he had a little bit too much fun with the water. Jonathan also had many outfits. I like his choice of space pants. Jonathan had to change because he didn't scoot far enough back on the toilet and peed all over his pants and underwear.



Bunny is helping David with the paints.



Cutting apples with a knife

Peach juice with straws

Felt faces. Jonathan told me the hat looked like Saturn. Oh well, I did my best.

Blowing up balloons

Harmonica. I gave up putting pants on him.

"Where do Diggers Sleep at Night?" The new favorite library book.

Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment