Friday, July 17, 2015

Pirates and Bug Collecting


On a particularly difficult morning when David was having an especially hard time, I decided to go get the mail with Caleb and leave the two boys in the house to have their temper tantrums. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful walk to the mail box. Inside, there was a letter to the boys from Grandma Leemhuis. She had enclosed a little birthday money. I went inside and they eagerly opened the letters and decided they wanted to go to Walmart, right then! I said, "yes, please get me out of this house, even if I have to go to Walmart." The boys were so happy. Jonathan picked  a very cute bug collecting kit, and David, of course, picked out a bunch of new hot wheels. The rest of the day was peaceful and fun. We raced cars and collected bugs. What a turn around!


We went to the Pirate exhibit at the Museum of Idaho with my parents. It was so fun! I think it was my favorite so far. Although, I must admit, I loved the CSI insect one and the Egypt one and the Carousels. The upstairs was like a boat! I learned a lot, and the boys loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment