Sunday, May 15, 2016

View and Aerospace Museum

 We went to the Aerospace Museum. It was super cool. You could go into a lot of the airplanes and they had old vets there to tell us about them. Probably the coolest one was an old radar plane. It looked like it was pregnant. It had a huge bowl on its belly. They used to fly low over the water and use radar to see what was out there. I said, "What were you looking for?" They guy said, "The Russians, of course." They had about six men in there who had actually flown or been on the plane doing other things. Awesome. I met a guy who worked at NASA. He did administrative stuff, but I still felt all giddy talk to him.  Since my children love space, I really get excited about NASA sometimes.
 Giant rockets for getting things into space.  Below: A jet engine.
 The kids all fell asleep in the car, and Edmund wanted to see a view of the valley. Elisabeth drove us up to a hill. It was beautiful and warm and not windy.
 More Aero Space!
Edmund's favorite plane, F-14 Tomcat




 This is the radar plane.



This airplane was so hot and smelly, I felt like throwing up.

 There was an awesome park. Edmund went and got Wienerschnitzel. I love a good hotdog!
Edmund's other favorite plane, A-10 Warthog.

No comments:

Post a Comment