Sunday, May 15, 2016

Boise and US Citizenship

 Edmund worked half a day; then, we drove over to Boise after lunch. I love that Caleb sleeps with his hands behind his head. I know if we are running errands and he starts doing that, I'm in trouble. But, it was nice he took a nap on our way there.
 We stayed with the Stefanic's in Boise. Friend of Edmund's mom. They had an incredible garden. It was so gorgeous. I took mental notes, so I can remember what it looked like if I ever get the chance to have a bigger yard. Of course, my inability to even keep house plants alive will have to change.
 About an hour before we got there Aunt Cherri stepped in a fence post hole and broke her ankle. It is very broken. We just walked in their house and made dinner. I felt like we were squatters, but also very comfortable. A happy house is a comfortable one. They came home late just before we put the kids to bed. I'm so glad I got to meet these wonderful people. I learned from them just being with them a few hours.



 Next stop, the swearing in to become a US citizen. Edmund was one of two Canadians. There were a total of 45 people and 23 countries! I loved it. Even two countries I've never heard of, Mauritius and Mauritania, those two even messed up the announcer even though they have a ceremony every other Thursday. It was an amazing reminder of America as a melting pot. It was fun to see people's families and to see the way they dressed. We are all so different, but we are also the same. The other mothers there had squirrelly kids just like mine, and we gave them books until we gave up and handed them our phones. It was super neat.
 They all stood up and repeated the oath together.
 Edmund receiving his certificate. He can get a US passport now!


No comments:

Post a Comment