Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Differences

I wish I had made a better record of Jonathan when he was little. Edmund and I keep watching David and wondering what Jonathan was doing at his age. There are a few things that I remember. When I laid Jonathan on the ground to play, he was constantly moving. He was perpetually kicking his legs. David is much more relaxed. He seems content to just lay there and watch what is happening around him. He doesn't hold perfectly still, but he is not as active as Jonathan. David also already hold his head up really well, and I don't remember Jonathan being this good at it this early.

Temperament wise Jonathan was much more difficult. I remember him crying for over an hour some days, and he almost never slept. Well, during the day he would take five hour naps, but he never slept at night. I think he finally got his days and nights sorted out around eight weeks. Whereas David is a great sleeper, and he almost never cries. In fact, he follows the description of the "easy" baby in my sleep book exactly.

Also, Jonathan was much more cuddly than David. When David is awake, he likes to try and look behind him or up at the ceiling. I never remember Jonathan being like that. David also started smiling this week. I'm not sure if it is a real social smile, but he has looked at both Edmund and I and smiled. He also smiles randomly at nothing. It is so cute. I forgot how priceless those toothless grins are.



Here are some pictures of Jonathan. I like to put them with the pictures of David because it is fun to compare.





No comments:

Post a Comment