Saturday, July 14, 2012

Harriman

This year I organized a family reunion up in Harriman State Park. I definitely learned a lot about organizing something and what could be done better next time. I thought that the wilderness would be enough entertainment for everyone, but I forgot that you cannot possibly hike around all day. Fortunately, my brother Jackson brought nerf guns. The kids loved running around shooting each other. Also, I think most of us brought a few board games, so that worked well one afternoon.

Edmund had to work, so he wasn't able to come up until Thursday around dinner time. Jonathan and I missed him terribly. You never realize how much you rely on someone until they are not there. I felt really dependent on everyone else. Thanks to Dad and Chris for taking Jonathan around in the back pack. 



Jonathan loved the flowers. He had a wonderful time picking dandelions and pulling the little fuzzies off of them.


There was this little dam along the road that everyone was interested in crossing. They all did pretty well jumping from rock to rock, but Estella and Juliette needed a little assistance from their parents.


I think the older I get the more I look like Julia. Lucky me.

I wish I had a hat. I also didn't have a backpack, so I just crammed everything into my pockets.


I know Jonathan weighs a ton, so thanks Dad!





One morning Judd played his trumpet for us around the camp fire. This is Jonathan's favorite picture. He is constantly asking to see it and pretending to play the trumpet. I recently got a book of musical instruments from the library, and he always turns to the trumpet and then puts is hands up to his mouth like he is playing one.




We took a hike by a lake (I can't remember what it was called.) We stopped pretty often and Amber read us some trivia about the wildlife or plants. I learned that Aspen trees are the largest organism.



Jonathan took a bath in the giant sink. I thought he would hate it, but Amber convinced me that he would probably really enjoy it, and she was right.

All the grandkids.

Everyone that was able to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment